This Zucchini Noodle with Spicy Meat Sauce is the perfect healthy lunch or dinner for carb-conscious eaters and tastes A—mazing!
Meaty tomato sauce is kind of one of those foods that I always crave. Whether I eat it in tacos, spaghetti, or lasagna—I’m dreaming of it. This zucchini noodle recipe takes a double spin. Mexico meets Italy. Garlic, onion, and ground meat sauteed until the meat crisps up a bit. Right when the meat is cooked perfectly, I add in my favorite salsa! Confused? Don’t be. It tastes amazing!
Ingredients You Will Need
- Zucchini: wonder how much zucchini you will need? Actually, it’s entirely up to you. If your a noodle-lover go with two. If you love more meat, use one.
- Ground Meat: use a preseasoned ground meat of choice or use plain unsaesoned ground meat.
- Spices : paprika and cumin is all you need. Oregano is optional.
- Salsa : make sure to use your favorite salsa brand. If it doesn’t taste delicious straight from the jar, then it won’t taste delicius in this recipe.
How to Spiral Zucchini
There are many different spiral gadgets that can be found all over the web. Here is a spiral gadget from Amazon called a Spiralizer.
Here is a spiralizing tool for those living in Turkey.
If you don’t want to invest in a tool, that’s totally fine. Simply use a potato peeler to create ribbon-like “noodles” instead.
Looking for More Cooking Inspriation Try These!
- Cucumber Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing
- Mediterranean Cranberry Bean Stew with Celery Root
- Cozy Apple Tea with Cinnamon and Clove
- Homey White Bean Stew with Mini Kofte
Zucchini Noodle with Spicy Meat Sauce
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground meat
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 cup salsa
- 2-4 medium-size zucchini washed and dried
- parsley for garnish, optional
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Drizzle in olive oil. Next, add the chopped onion, garlic, salt, and pepper. Sautee until onions are translucent.
- When ready, add the ground meat, paprika, cumin, and coriander. Stir-fry until the meat is golden brown.
- Then, add the salsa. If the salsa is too thick feel free to add broth or water to thin it out until the desired consistency is met. Cook on medium-low heat for about 15 minutes.
- While the meat is simmering away, spiral as many zucchini as your heart desires. Typically one medium-sized zucchini is just enough for one serving
- Finally, after the meat sauce is ready, taste to adjust any seasonings (salt and pepper, etc.) Place the "noodles" on a pasta dish, then generously pour over the meat sauce. Garnish with parsley, optional.