Garlicky Sesame Zucchini noodles are the perfect low-carb, Asian-inspired dish that is easy to make and very customizable.
I made this dish right after my pilates class. It hit the spot.
What makes these zucchini noodles so special is the sesame oil. This fragrant oil is so toasty, rich, and needless to say—a little goes a long way. Also, I used crunchy bok choy as my choice of greens, but feel free to throw in fresh spinach, broccoli, or even kale.
Easy, Customizable Sesame Zucchini Noodles
These zucchini noodles recipe is vegan. However, juicy chunks of chicken or steak would also be delicious paired up with these veggie noodles.
Here are a few more ways to jazz in up these:
- Sprinkle on parmesan cheese
- Add mushrooms
- Use jalepenoes for much needed heat
- Shrimp would also be nice
One could also add cooked chickpeas or extra firm tofu for additional vegan protein.
Even though these zucchini noodles are served hot, they can be enjoyed cold as well. If you don’t want to eat cold noodles but have leftovers, simply heat them up in the microwave.
To be honest, you don’t even have to cook the zucchini. They can be eaten raw for an extra boost of nutrition. The cooking process can destroy some of their vitamins.
Learn all about how to spiral your zucchini here.
Looking for More Delicious Recipes? Try These!
- Cucumber Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing
- Mediterranean Cranberry Bean Stew with Celery Root
- Cozy Apple Tea with Cinnamon and Clove
Garlicky Sesame Zucchini Noodles
- 2 zucchini spiraled
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small red onion cut in half, then thin-sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large bak choy, sliced into strips or 2 cups of fresh spinach or kale
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- salt and pepper as desired throughout the steps
- Spiral two zucchinis, set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add the sesame oil. Swirl to coat the bottom of the pan. Next, add in the onion, ginger, garlic, and bak choy. Season with salt and pepper.Stir-fry until the onions have softened.
- When ready, add the spiraled zucchini. Then, add the soy sauce to deglaze the pan. Season the zucchini with salt and pepper. Stir-fry until desired tenderness if desired. I like to eat mine with some crunch so I usually cook it for a quick 5 minutes.
- Finally, transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle on sesame speeds. Enjoy while hot.