This DIY Citrus Hand Scrub is perfect for hands during the cold, dry winter months. This scrub is made with household ingredients like sugar, lemon, orange, and coconut oil. Essential oils are optional, but a plus.
You can scrub your whole body with it in the shower. In the end, your skin will feel silky-smooth.
Customize this Citrus Scrub to Your Liking
I used the zest of an orange and a lemon. However, feel free to a grapefruit, lime, or blood orange. You really can’t go wrong here. Use what you can get your hand on.
After making this hand scrub, I like to store it in a nice container and place it in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. Consume within a week.
There are so many different essential oils you can add to this easy homemade scrub. Here are a few ideas:
- Lemon essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Tea tree essential oil (my favorite)
Also, this recipe uses coconut oil, but you may use sweet olive, almond, or jojoba oil.
Homemade hand scrubs also make for great holiday gifts.
Here are More Article I Know You’ll Love
- How Caring For Plants Inspires Wellness
- How Making Candles is Therapeutic
- Yashini PADAYACHEE: a South African who Flourishes through Travel
- Looking for Synchronicities: a Day in the Life of a Reiki Teacher
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or oil or choice
- zest of a lemon and orange
- 7 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl. Stir until fully incorporated. I like to smash the citrus a little bit with the sugar to release their natural aroma.
- Transfer the scrub to a container with a lid. Place it in the bathroom for about one week or in the refrigerator for a month.
- When ready to use, simply add a tablespoon of the sugar into your hands and gently scrub for 30 seconds before rinsing.