The best EVER Healthy Pistachio Coconut Oat Cookies that are naturally sweetened and oh so easy to make! Whip up a batch for school, work, or place them into your kid’s lunch boxes. They are a treat.
If there is one nut that I love, it’s Turkish pistachios—also known as Gaziantep Pistachios (Antep pistachios for short) and these bright green jewels are very special. Each nut is early harvested, and according to the Founder of Fistik Evi, each pistachio tree is only nourished with rainwater and sunshine.
Ingredients to Make Pistachios Coconut Oat Cookies
- Banana will be the ingredients to add natural sweetness and provide a soft texture.
- Honey well… hello to more sweetness! Let me tell ya, there is definetly something special about a sticky sweetener.
- Vanilla makes these cookies taste and small fantastic.
- Oat Flour is great because it will aid in structure. An all-purpose gf flour will also work.
- Shredded coconut—make sure to use unsweetened.
- Turkish pistachios provides that perfect crunch and fruity yet nutty taste.
When choosing pistachios, make sure they are unsalted and raw. This will ensure that the cookies are not salty and have that fruity hint.
Variations and Tips
Though these cookies are amazing as is. There are endless ways to make them even more special. Here are a few ingredient ideas to try.
- Chocolate chips
- Chia or flax seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Maca powder
If bananas are not your thing, swap for 2 eggs instead.
Are you vegan? Feel free to swap the honey for agave nectar, 1/3 cup coconut sugar, or simply use pure maple syrup.
Looking for More Delicious Recipes? Try These!
- Cucumber Melon Salad with Ginger Dressing
- Mediterranean Cranberry Bean Stew with Celery Root
- Cozy Apple Tea with Cinnamon and Clove
Need More Living Inspiration? Read These Articles.
- Tiny Sparks of Joy: Sneak Peek into the Day of a Ceramic Artist
- How Caring For Plants Inspires Wellness
- How to Love Your TBR Pile (for Bookworms)
Healthy Pistachio Coconut Oat Cookies
- 1 cup mashed overly ripebananas about 2 small bananas
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup oat flour use certified gluten free when necessary
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetned.
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or a pinch
- 1/3 cup turkish pistachios also know as Antep pistachios
- Add the mashed banana, honey, and vanilla to a bowl and mix to comnibe.
- Next, add the oat flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix to combine. Then stir in the pistachios. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350°F.
- When ready, line a baking pan with parchment paper. Scoop the batter onto the tray spacing about 2 inches apart. Press the ball of dough with your fingertips to create a flat, circular cookie shape. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Enjoy once cooled.